Development & Communications Manager (Full-Time Position)
The Performance Garage seeks an experienced non-profit manager to organize all fundraising and marketing initiatives, and oversee the Youth Outreach Program.
About the Performance Garage
An incubator for local talent, the Performance Garage offers subsidized rental rates for dance artists to host their classes, workshops, rehearsals, and performances as well as a free afterschool dance program for youth. This past Fall the Performance Garage completed Phase One of its Capital Project, and is planning Phase Two renovations with the help of $1million in State funding.
Position Overview: Reporting directly to the Executive Director/Resident Artist, Jeanne Ruddy, this position will oversee the part-time Marketing Associate, Free-Lance Graphic Designer, and contracted Photographer/Videographer. The Development Manager will have the opportunity to design and implement a Capital Campaign for Phase Two of the Capital Project and help expand programs.
- Manage Annual Appeal and all other mailing/online fundraising campaigns
- Track donations and send acknowledgment letters
- Manage the grants calendar and write all proposals/reports
- Organize the annual Gala Celebration and any other fundraising events
- Solicit Sponsors, Committee Members, and Food Donors for the Gala
- Work with the Executive Director to build & engage the Board of Directors
- Oversee Marketing Associate (who will update website content and create social media posts for productions, classes, auditions, and workshops)
- Occasionally update the website & create posts for events/Capital Campaign
- Work with the Graphic Designer to create designs for invitations, programs, advertisements, and other marketing/development materials
- Create and submit Press Releases for major events and organization news
- Maintain communications with Staff, Board, political leaders, grants/foundations managers, and other key community stakeholders
Additional administrative tasks will include answering phones, taking notes at the weekly staff meetings, and keeping minutes at Board Meetings, etc. Overseeing the Youth Outreach Program will include coordinating with the Spring Garden CDC to enlist students, developing and distributing the class calendar, and ensuring the Instructor timesheets are submitted for payment processing.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree (Masters a plus!)
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in non-profit development/fundraising
- Experience organizing and implementing special events
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively
- Strong understanding of current online marketing concepts, strategy, and best practice and competency with social media strategies
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and prioritize accordingly
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Mailchimp, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Previous experience using the Wix platform is not required, but candidates familiar with website content management will be given priority
- An enthusiasm for dance/performing arts strongly preferred
Salary Range: $38,000-$40,000 with partial health benefits & 401k plan
Please send a cover letter, resume, 3 references, and two writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Email with questions, no phone calls please.)
Application Deadline: Friday, April 26th (or until position is filled)
1515 Brandywine Street
Philadelphia, PA 19130