Victim Witness Services Coordinator: Concilio

Posted June 21st, 2018 at 11:38 am.

Job Description

Oversight and supervision for services delivered include but are not limited to: education about victim legal rights and protections; criminal justice progress; providing crisis intervention, emotional support and safety planning; helping submit comments to courts, probation, and parole boards; intervening with creditors, landlords and employers on behalf of victims; helping find shelter and transportation; referral linkage and support with follow up to community based services; connecting victims SAVIN to ensure notification of inmates’ release or escape; and completion of Crime Victims Compensation Applications.

The Program Coordinator will supervise 3-4 staff members, interns and volunteers as well as oversee the day to day operations of the program including but not limited to managing the program’s emergency relocation program, reporting to funders, and conducting bi weekly supervisions with the team of advocates.

Job Requirements

Qualifications/Requirements

• Bachelor degree in Criminal Justice, Social Work or related field preferred, with a minimum of two years’ work experience serving victims of crime. Master’s degree preferred.
  • Knowledge of victim’s services and court processes including, victim rights counseling, support, and service connection.
  • Strong oral and written communication skills in both English and Spanish.
  • FBI, Pennsylvania Childline and Criminal Background Clearances.
  • Computer and technological proficiency required.
  • Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
  • Flexible schedule with willingness to support events outside normal business hours
  • Minimum of 2 years in a supervisory role
  • Ability to work under pressure and respond to emergency situations or be on-call as applicable.

Concilio is an equal opportunity employer. Concilio does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service. I understand that neither the completion of this application nor any other part of my consideration for employment establishes any obligation for Concilio to hire me. If I am hired, I understand that either Concilio or I can terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause and without prior notice. I understand that no representative of Concilio has the authority to make any assurance to the contrary. I attest with my signature below that I have given to Concilio true and complete information on this application. No requested information has been concealed. I authorize Concilio to contact references provided for employment reference checks. If any information I have provided is untrue, or if I have concealed material information, I understand that this will constitute cause for the denial of employment or immediate dismissal.

Apply here.

Filed under: Management Level by Margie DuBrow