Fairmount Park Conservancy is seeking a Facilities & Landscape Manager who will be responsible for carrying out the policies and priorities relating to the historic properties, landscapes and material assets under the control of the Fairmount Park Conservancy.
As a newly created position, orientation for the Facilities & Landscape Manager role will be provided by the Fairmount Park Conservancy leadership team for the first three to six months to develop the required systems and processes for success. After the role is fully developed, the Facilities & Landscape Manager position will report directly to the Senior Director of Capital Projects as part of the Places team.
Duties broadly focus on asset management on behalf of the Fairmount Park Conservancy, and the management of the following programs:
- Property management
- Landscape and vegetation contract management
- Fleet and machinery management/coordination
- Assist/participate in the development of maintenance plans for capital projects and adaptive reuse in development
- Other duties as required
- Demonstrated ability to manage properties with a minimum of five (5) years of management experience.
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work with diverse group of stakeholders and community members
- Comfort in an outdoor environment, including all weather conditions
- A clean and valid driver’s license and ability to drive Fairmount Park Conservancy vehicles
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs
- Comfortable with ladder use
- Ability to answer alarm and tenant service calls on call as needed
- Must have one vehicle (mileage will be reimbursed)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Smartsheet Database
- Basic record keeping skills
- An ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, independently and efficiently with numerous deadlines
The salary range for this position is $65,000 – $75,000. Additionally, the Fairmount Park Conservancy offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, and vision, as well as life, disability and retirement.
The Fairmount Park Conservancy does not discriminate based on ethnicity, race, gender or sexual orientation and encourages all qualified individuals to apply.
Fairmount Park Conservancy exists to champion Philadelphia’s parks. We lead capital projects and historic preservation efforts, foster neighborhood park stewardship, attract and leverage investments, and develop innovative programs throughout the 10,200 acres that include Fairmount Park and more than 100 neighborhood parks around the city. Philadelphia has one of the largest urban park systems in the world, providing residents with extensive health, environmental, social, economic and cultural benefits – including access to some of the region’s most famous attractions.
Apply for this job
To Apply: Thank you for your interest in the Fairmount Park Conservancy. Please prepare a formal letter of interest, resume, three work related references, and salary requirements as either PDF or Word documents and submit at https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/d250369117dd488baa22a899d5c26268 Please, no phone calls or mailed applications. Deadline for application is SEPTEMBER 30, 2020. Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.