Leeway is hiring a Communications Assistant. The Communications Assistant supports the Leeway Foundation’s communications, engagement, and visibility strategies, including writing and editing electronic and print communication. The Communications Assistant reports to the Communications Director and works collaboratively with other staff.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send:
• A 1-page cover letter indicating why they are interested and qualified for the position as well as their interest in art and social change
• A resume
• Names of 3 professional references with contact information
Please submit your materials on or before Monday, October 31, 2022, at 11:59pm EST via e-mail to email@example.com with the subject header: Comms Assistant Search.
No phone calls, please. All applications will be acknowledged.
ABOUT LEEWAY FOUNDATION:
The Leeway Foundation supports women, trans*, and gender non-conforming artists and cultural producers working in communities at the intersection of art, culture, and social change. Through the Foundation’s grantmaking and other programs, we promote artistic expression that amplifies the voices of those on the margins, promotes sustainable and healthy communities, and works in the service of movements for economic and social justice. For more information, visit: www.leeway.org.
About the job
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life’s work?The Director of Penn Center for Community Health Workers provides vision and strategic leadership for the IMPaCT Community Health Worker program’s growth within Penn Medicine and the Philadelphia region. (S)he oversees the day-to-day programmatic, financial, and personnel operations of the center, ensuring continued quality of outcomes for more than 2,000 patients each year. The Director works with other members of the Center’s leadership to innovate IMPaCT, and represents the Center in relevant local, state, and national initiatives.
About Joyful Readers
Joyful Readers is committed to helping Philadelphia students gain the literacy skills they need to become successful, confident, and yes…joyful readers! In September, we launched our first cohort of racially, culturally, and generationally diverse AmeriCorps tutors who provide high-impact reading tutoring daily to K-3 students in Philadelphia schools. The service of our tutors ensures that students in systemically under-resourced schools gain the skills they need to succeed in school, at work, and in their daily lives.
Our tutors receive a month of full-time training in September, including taking the AIM Institute for Learning & Research Pathways to Proficient Reading course, a graduate-level course that helps educators learn about the science of reading. In October, tutors are placed in a Philadelphia elementary school until the end of May where they tutor students 2-on-1, 30 minutes a day, Monday through Friday, supporting a caseload of up to 22 students.
The Development & External Relations Director (DERD) is responsible for developing and implementing a strategic fundraising plan that raises $500,000 annually in private sector funding. The DERD will work closely with the Executive Director to build relationships with the organization’s current foundation and individual donors, while building a long-term portfolio of corporate and other private funders. The DERD serves as a lead communicator for Joyful Readers, conveying the organization’s value proposition through media, events, grant writing, and donor/prospect engagement. The DERD will work closely with the Literacy and Program Operations Directors and report to the organization’s Executive Director.
Anticipated start date: November 2022 Salary: $79,000 per year, plus benefits
Some work for this position is completed in-person and cannot be performed virtually; however, flexibility to work remotely will exist.
In this newly formed position, the Entrepreneurship Support Manager will play a key role in CCEDC’s new initiatives supporting and empowering local small businesses, with a special focus on serving newly formed businesses and those that are women owned, minority owned, or otherwise represent socially and economically underserved populations.
The ideal candidate excels in customer-facing interactions, has strong organizational skills and project management experience, and finds fulfillment in helping others pursue and achieve their entrepreneurial goals.
- Serve as lead contact for the “New Business Champions” (NBC) and “190 West Business Resource Center” (190 West) small business support programs
- Conduct business needs assessment meetings with client companies to identify their individual priorities and areas for assistance
- With detailed knowledge of CCEDC’s internal and external business support resources, connect NBC and 190 West clients to those resources as needed based on assessments
- Manage and build on existing processes for client sign-up and onboarding
- With assistance from VP of Innovation & Marketing, expand and maintain list of regional advisors and service providers serving as vendors in the NBC program
- With assistance of VP of Development Finance, collect loan application materials from clients
- Through marketing efforts and organizational partnerships, ensure geographic diversity of NBC applicant pool across the county and continuous utilization of the programs
- Track and maintain client metrics related to grants, business assistance, and financing using Salesforce and other tools
- Collaborate with CCEDC staff from other service areas, including financing, real estate, and workforce development to maximize support opportunities for NBC and 190 West clients