Cathedral Kitchen, a nonprofit organization that provides more prepared meals to the community than any soup kitchen in New Jersey, is looking for its next Chief Operating Officer. Be a part of a mission-driven team leading the Kitchen into its 44th year of using food to change lives. The Kitchen uses food to nourish, train and employ low-income families and adults in Camden and the surrounding communities.
The COO reports to the Executive Director and has overall strategic and operational responsibility for CK programs, facilities and most administrative support and supervises the Executive Chef, as well as program and administrative staff.
· Minimum BS/BA degree with at least 10 years of experience in the food industry, preferably in large scale catering. Experience in sales and/or marketing is a plus.
· 10 years of experience and a track record in senior management.
· Deep experience in program budgeting, project/program management and fiscal management.
· Analytic and decisive decision maker with the ability to prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals.
· Experience managing human resources functions including personnel, compensation, and recruiting.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with strong public speaking skills.
· Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative approach to operational management.
· Must be a gifted leader with a high emotional IQ; a lot of compassion, particularly for those from low-income, urban backgrounds; an ability to connect easily and effectively with people from diverse socio-economic backgrounds; and a passion for CK’s mission.
· Proficiency in MS Office applications, Quickbooks, payroll software.
· Experience with social service or workforce development programs is a plus.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Oversee day-to-day operations and maintenance for all CK facilities.
· Lead, coach, develop, and retain CK senior management team and professional staff.
· Provide programmatic leadership and input for all strategic plan implementation processes with the Executive Director and staff. Coach senior staff as they implement the strategic plan.
· Responsible for the efficient functioning of operations, including human resources, computer and technical systems oversight, and financial management.
· Lead the management, growth and improvement of CK’s social enterprises: CK Café, contract catering and special event catering, and food truck; consider the feasibility of new social enterprises.
· In partnership with the Executive Director, prepare and submit an annual operational budget, manage effectively within this budget, and report accurately on progress made and challenges encountered.
· Active involvement in all programs, services and support functions.
· In partnership with the Executive Director, ensure the continued financial viability through sound fiscal management.
· Consider opportunities for CK to leverage cross-program strengths to take advantage of new opportunities and/or to address organizational challenges.
· Oversee the logistics, particularly related to food and beverages, of CK’s fundraising/friendraising events.
Competitive nonprofit salary and benefits package offered
Equal Opportunity Employer
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org