Who We Are:
The Alliance for Decision Education (“the Alliance”) is a non-profit education organization leading the growing call to have decision-making skills taught in schools across the country by 2030. Increasingly, teachers, parents and business leaders all are advocating for students to be trained on how to make sound choices, improving their lives and those of others around them. We are dedicated to the belief that better decisions lead to better lives and a better society. Our mission is to improve lives by empowering students with essential decision skills. For more information, please visit www.AllianceForDecisionEducation.org.
The Alliance for Decision Education is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity, promotes equity, and encourages inclusivity. We are committed to building and fostering a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more diverse we are, the better our work will be, and the more impact we will have.
Reporting to the Director of Operations as a member of the Operations Department, the Events Manager will manage all events hosted by the Alliance. In this new and important role, the individual will lead efforts to design, plan, and coordinate a variety of in-person and virtual events. The Events Manager will work with the Development team for fundraising and donor cultivation events and collaborate with other departments for other events. The exact job responsibilities will vary and evolve over time with the needs of the department and organization.
The position can be mostly or completely remote initially, but this individual will be expected to mainly work from the Alliance office in Bala Cynwyd, PA once the organization returns to the office this fall. Occasional travel and evening/weekend hours will be required.
- Event Planning
- Leading the design, planning, and coordination for all organizational events; this includes the annual Poker Ball event and other fundraising events, as well as various other in-person and virtual events (potentially including donor cultivation events, awareness raising events, forums, conferences, and other gatherings).
- Creating original and innovative concepts and themes for each event
- Developing a strategic plan, specific timelines, and detailed logistics for all aspects of events
- Coordinating pre and post-event communications with attendees, sponsors, etc.
- Researching, securing, and coordinating with venues and vendors
- Managing event budgets and negotiating contracts
- Establishing straightforward and easy-to-follow details for registration and check-in
- Outlining run of show and other event details and managing all day-of-event coordination and logistics
- Problem-solving and responding to guests’ questions and concerns before and during events
- Holding pre and post-event meetings to gather input and discuss data
- Working with the Development Department on donor cultivation events which will include fundraising, revenue goals, event pricing, sponsorships, etc.
- Working with other departments on any events to further their strategic goals, including raising awareness or engaging communities, partners, collaborators, and other stakeholders
- Working with the Communications Department on designing invitations and other communications, as well as marketing strategies, for all events
- Working with Alliance leadership, Board members, and others to identify invitees for all events
- At least 3-5 years of experience of events management experience
- Specific experience with donors, fundraising, and/or sponsorships in a nonprofit environment is strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Knowledge or interest in education generally or the various subject areas related to Decision Education is a plus
- General Attributes
- Strategic and innovative thinker with strong execution skills
- Responsible, diligent, and conscientious, with outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines; can pivot effectively between projects while remaining focused on priorities and goals
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented; gracious professionalism, exceptional interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with various departments and stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both internally and externally to potential donors, supporters, and key stakeholders
- Self-directed with strong initiative and problem-solving skills
- High energy, positive attitude, and emotional maturity
- Good judgment, professionalism, and the highest standards of ethical conduct
- Ability and willingness to adapt and be flexible
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Alliance employees receive a comprehensive benefits package (including health and dental insurance completely covered for you and your family, a 401k with up to 5% match, and long-term disability insurance), generous paid time off and sick-time policies, a laptop, and other tools and resources to help employees do their best work.
Please apply on our Jobs page: https://alliancefordecisioneducation.bamboohr.com/jobs