Compensation: Competitive compensation commensurate with experience; generous benefits package
Description: Reporting to the Director of Development, the Altru Development Analyst serves as the primary Altru database administrator and the resident expert ensuring exceptional gift record management and reporting, donor communications, and gift stewardship in support of the Development Department. This includes management of all data, segmentation and audience analysis tools including Excel, Google Analytics, and Constant Contact.
- Prefer advanced knowledge of Altru database functions.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-3 years of professional experience in business development, marketing, database administration and/or fundraising.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be a highly motivated team player, customer-oriented, and extremely detail-oriented.
- Should exhibit impressive organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills, as well as flexibility.
- Able to prioritize and execute follow-throughs.
- Can work independently, anticipate needs, and manage multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously.
- Should have creative ideas and commitment to the job.
- Act as main point of contact for Independence Seaport Museum’s Altru database system reporting and analysis.
- Responsible for entering and processing all gifts in the database, executing campaign and donor communications and coordinating benefits fulfillment for ISM’s annual campaigns, Corporate Partner program, and special events and restricted-fund initiatives, while ensuring the highest data integrity.
- Administration of data integration and audience segmentation systems and analysis tactics to better understand our audience and to generally inform the work of the Development department, and the ISM at large.
- Provide clear and accurate reports, data requests, and acknowledgments.
- Maintain the database to ensure that donor and visitor records are up-to-date.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for museum staff inquiries related to Altru database functions.
- Provide Altru onboarding for staff tailored to their position, as well as continued support and training as needed by providing regular updates and communication to all staff about Altru relevant learning opportunities.
- Remain current on Blackbaud Altru by attending relevant conferences, trainings, and technology update sessions.
- Serve as primary liaison with Blackbaud Altru support as needed to optimize use of the database and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Create Altru handbook and keep related policies and procedures updated. Ensure understanding and compliance from staff through handbook and policy training.
- Maintain Altru data hygiene by regularly running queries of recently added or changed records and updating data as needed. Regularly perform deduplication of records.
- Responsible for processing membership payments, gift entry and donor acknowledgment processes.
- Act as point person for museum-wide ticketing and event registration needs.
- Provide Finance with necessary reports that are development and membership related including monthly donor and gift activity and analysis.
- Provide prospect research, batches, and queries, and email to solicitors monthly or as needed.
- Utilize wealth research tools such Iwave and Research Point to inform prospect lists.
- Consolidate and track all cultivation and proposal activity in the database.
The Independence Seaport Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity, inclusion, and equity as matters of fairness and effectiveness. We are committed to hiring and retaining a staff that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve, fostering an inclusive working environment where staff of all backgrounds feel welcomed and engaged in our mission. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Upload a brief cover letter and your resume to https://phillyseaport.efficientapply.com/jobs/ . No phone calls.
Independence Seaport Museum allows visitors to discover Philadelphia’s river of history and world of connections. For more information, please visit www.phillyseaport.org.
We are located on Penn’s Landing at 211 S. Columbus Blvd., Philadelphia, PA 19106. The Museum is easily accessible by public transportation and nearby parking and is ADA accessible.