Philadelphia Youth Network (PYN) has an immediate opening for a full-time Grants Manager. The Grants Manager is responsible for maximizing PYN’s institutional giving program and contributing to the overall organizational fundraising budget, with a primary focus on identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding gifts from a portfolio of private foundations, corporate foundations, individuals, and select public agency investors.
The Grants Manager oversees prospect tracking, proposal development, site visit scheduling and donor stewardship, including acknowledgement letters. S/he will serve as the initial author and project manager for Letters of Inquiry, grant proposals, and project reports, including tracking deadlines, budget creation and information gathering. In addition to managing a healthy calendar of proposals and reports, this role will conduct prospect research on foundations to evaluate prospective grants, initiate personal contact with potential funders, and steward existing donors. This position also works in concert with the External Relations Division to develop effective strategies for reaching overall annual and campaign goals as a team.
Primary responsibilities include:
managing a healthy calendar of proposals and reports, this role will conduct prospect research on foundations to evaluate prospective grants, initiate personal contact with potential funders, and steward existing donors. This position also works in concert with the External Relations Division to develop effective strategies for reaching overall annual and campaign goals as a team.
- Manage donor database, including an active calendar of 60+ proposals and reports annually, gathering program and financial details from program and finance personnel.
- Conduct prospect research on foundations, corporate foundations, individuals and public funding opportunities to evaluate prospective grants, initiate personal contact with potential funders, and steward existing donors.
- Develop and execute engagement strategies along with EVP and Director, Development to reach overall organizational goals and specific fundraising goals.
- Develop and execute on stewardship plans for a subset of foundation and corporate donors, including site visits and other cultivation activities.
- Manage select initiatives, such as the United Way Giving Campaign and other special projects.
- Be an active member of the development team (EVP, Director of Development), and work closely on day to day activities and development events.
- Stewardship: manage and oversee a process for ensuring the timely completion of acknowledgement letters, funder reports, and other required stewardship processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will be an effective and compelling writer, be able to manage multiple tasks on deadline, and will have curiosity and creativity to effectively match donor needs with organizational goals. Experience with Word, Excel and fundraising software is essential. An interest and relevant experience in workforce development and/or education is helpful. Other relevant skills, education, and experience include:
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a minimum of four years’ fundraising and
development experience preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of the youth workforce development and/or
education field preferred
- Superb oral and written communications and interpersonal skills are a must, as is a
great sense of humor
- Must be goal oriented, strategic, and a self-starter
- Experience managing gift processing, reporting, and moves management
tracking using fundraising software (e.g., DonorPerfect, Salesforce, and/or Raiser’s Edge)
- Experience in prospect research, proposal development, budget development,
grants management preferred
- Successful completion of background checks (PA State Criminal, Department of Public Welfare Child Abuse and F.B.I. fingerprinting).
Philadelphia Youth Network offers a comprehensive employee health & wellness benefits program and a competitive salary range based on past experience, job knowledge, and demonstrated skills and abilities.
PYN alleviates poverty by preparing young people to succeed in tomorrow’s workforce. PYN coordinates partners that connect young people to education and employment experiences, equipping them with the skills employers need. As a result, PYN creates a system of services that help young people become successful, creating a diverse local talent pipeline. Learn more at pyninc.org.
Apply for this job
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and please indicate Grants Manager in the subject line. The Philadelphia Youth Network values the safety of our staff, our partners and our young people. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, PYN is following safe practice guidelines and operating primarily remotely until further notice. Please contact us with questions about PYN’s remote work.