Salary Range: $75,000 – 80,000
About Philadelphia Works, Inc.
Philadelphia Works, Inc is the City’s Workforce Development Board. We are a quasi-public, non-profit organization serving both career seekers and employers. We invest public resources in a variety of workforce solutions. These solutions connect Philadelphia residents with employment and training opportunities and help employers find, grow, and retain local talent. For more information about our dedicated board members and staff, workforce news, labor market data, services, innovative initiatives, and current opportunities to connect, please visit www.philaworks.org.
This position is responsible for ensuring the maximum effectiveness and efficiency of the Philadelphia Adult Workforce System operations. This position manages and facilitates the overall operation of the PA CareerLink® System providers and additional adult workforce service programs ensuring all goals and standards are met as outlined by the funding sources and the department’s goals and objectives. This position ensures the contractors across the system are working together to achieve the system goals and implementing the system strategies. This position is also responsible for partnering with city departments and community stakeholders to ensure that PA CareerLink® services are delivered throughout the city in an accessible and equitable fashion.
This position will be responsible for the following duties:
- Manage the Philadelphia Adult Workforce system and providers with a focus on high quality customer service, customer goal achievement, continuous improvement, and strong data practices.
- Oversee the operations of the PA CareerLink® system providers to ensure all contractors are in compliance with funding source requirements: (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and Title I Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA) and others, as applicable.
- Manage Program Representatives and Program Monitoring staff to ensure they are providing effective support and monitoring the provider staff.
- Develop strategies to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of the PA CareerLink® system operations along with the specific programs within it.
- Work with partner offices and organizations to develop plans for service delivery within the community.
- Work with provider leadership to ensure the center and system-wide services contractors support the implementation of all service delivery models.
- Participate in formulating and administering contractual goals and objectives as it relates to the Adult Workforce system.
- Evaluate performance management reports to analyze center and system-wide contractors’ performance. Make recommendations to the Director, Workforce Operations.
- In collaboration with leadership and colleagues, review analyses of activities, operations and forecast data to determine contractor’s progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with contractor, leadership and Philadelphia Works, Inc. staff in the identification and recommendation of training for staff.
- Work collaboratively with other managers in Operations & Data unit to ensure effective communication and coordination of services across all systems.
- Support contract management for PA CareerLink® Philadelphia and adult workforce programs to gather budgets and other tactical duties that support the overall budgeting process.
- Work collaboratively with the One-Stop Operator concerning the PA CareerLink® certification process, annual monitoring visits by Labor & Industry, and other WIOA and TANF mandated processes for compliance.
- Advise, consult, and coordinate with internal business units, to address any issues.
- Complete monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as required.
- Assist in writing the WIOA Local Plan.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Public Policy, Public Administration, Organizational Development, or related field with at least 5 – 7 years of experience in Human Services and at least 5 years of management experience.
Or, any combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
· Knowledge of social services programs and compliance management of funding sources
· Experience with human services program design and implementation
· Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, presentation, planning and organizational skills
· Excellent management and leadership skills
· Ability to adapt to a changing work environment and possess the flexibility to multitask and meet departmental needs
· Ability to train, motivate and build a cohesive team
· Ability to build solid relationships that engender trust
· Ability to interact effectively with various levels of staff, management, government officials, and the public
· Ability to generate innovative ideas and effectively communicate them verbally and in writing
· Ability to comprehend system wide strategy/vision and communicate it to stakeholders
· Demonstrated ability to move ideas and vision to implementation successfully
· Ability to assess the strengths of others and maximize them to accomplish goals and work objectives
· Knowledgeable and lead by example
· Ability to travel to various locations throughout the city
· Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, Word, Excel, and Outlook specifically
What We Offer
Philadelphia Works offers qualifying full-time employees with a competitive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), tuition assistance, life and disability. We also offer company paid vacation, personal and sick leave days.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Philadelphia Works is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, transgender status, and gender identity), gender, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, familial status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual preference, political affiliation, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws, in all matters pertaining to recruitment, selection, compensation, training, advancement and promotion, retention, discipline, and termination.