Salary: $62000 – $70000 commensurate with experience
HIAS Pennsylvania supports low-income immigrants of all backgrounds as they build new lives in our community. Through immigration legal services and an array of social services, we work to address their needs, defend their rights, and advocate for their equitable inclusion in American society.
Summary of Position:
Under the leadership of the Director of Development, the Sr. Development Specialist will supervise the Development Team in the execution of all aspects of HIAS Pennsylvania’s donor development strategy. The Sr. Development Specialist will provide administrative support, and develop tailored and donor-focused activities to cultivate and diversify the HIAS Pennsylvania base of support. The Sr. Development Specialist will assist the Director of Development with strategy and content development, the execution of fundraising appeals; special events management; and the drafting of stewardship communications. The Sr. Development Specialist will take primary responsibility for improving digital giving and the online donor experience.
- Help grow and diversify the donor base through the writing of persuasive, personalized direct mail and online appeals;
- Support all aspects of the major gifts cycle including helping with acknowledgments and communications that fall outside the normal acknowledgment process;
- Draft and maintain acknowledgment templates, appeals, and donor communications;
- Support leadership giving, planned gifts, donor stewardship, and other elements of a comprehensive fundraising program through prospect research, moves management tracking, and preparing collateral for prospect meetings;
- Identify and implement opportunities for increased donor recognition and stewardship;
- Supervise the Communications Associate and Database Administrator;
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Development;
- Assist with Annual Report writing and editing;
- Communicate with donors via email/phone/in person as needed;
- Manage the planning, implementation and stewardship of private and large donor events;
- Monitor database information and proper maintenance of prospect and donor records;
- Maintain professionalism, accountability, and confidentiality at all times;
- Other fundraising and communications duties as needed
The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of experience supporting leadership giving, planned gifts, donor stewardship, and other elements of a comprehensive fundraising program. Have a strong background in major gifts, moved management, and sustainer programs. 3-5 years of experience creating special events and managing donor engagement. Prior supervisory experience as well as full proficiency with Bloomerang or similar Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent achievement;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in fundraising, event management, and donor communications with a strong background in major gifts, moves management, and sustainer programs;
- Excellent written and oral communication, editing, and creative problem-solving skills;
- Able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with minimal supervision;
- Self-motivated, highly organized, resourceful, with meticulous attention to detail;
- Experience creating special events and donor engagement opportunities with high-net-worth individuals;
- Full proficiency with Bloomerang or similar CRM required;
- Commitment to and passion for HIAS Pennsylvania’s mission to advocate for immigrants and refugees;
- Ability to work occasional weekends or evenings for events
Other Information: HIAS PA is currently working on a hybrid model. HIAS Pennsylvania requires all staff be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with the exception of those who have medical or religious beliefs exemptions.
Why Join the HIAS PA Team?
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience Exempt position with 35-hour work week
- Employment package includes comprehensive health insurance coverage. 403(b) Retirement account with employer contribution
- Generous Time Off: Vacation, PTO, Paid Holidays
- Company paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance.
How to Apply
HIAS Pennsylvania is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran or disability status, political affiliation, or beliefs. We believe that diversity enriches our organization and helps us to fulfill our mission. All qualified applicants, including those who represent minority and marginalized groups, are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample (e.g., major donor proposal, online or direct appeal) in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position that you are applying for in the subject of your email. No phone calls, please.